I am a Singaporean PhD candidate in philosophy at UC San Diego.
* Jan 2023: I will be presenting my paper 'The Time in Thermal Time', and also commenting on a paper, at the upcoming Eastern APA meeting in Montreal. Find me there!
* My essay, 'T Falls Apart: On the Status of Classical Temperature in Relativity', won the 2022 Mary B. Hesse essay award for the best single-authored paper submitted by a graduate student as a contributed paper for the biennial Philosophy of Science Association (PSA) meeting and accepted for publication in Philosophy of Science by the PSA Program Committee.
* My essay, 'T Falls Apart: On the Status of Classical Temperature in Relativity', has just been accepted for publication in the PSA2022 supplemental volume of Philosophy of Science.
* My essay, 'T Falls Apart: On the Status of Classical Temperature in Relativity', won the Robert K. Clifton memorial book prize for best paper in philosophy of physics at the 2022 Logic, Math, and Physics graduate conference held at University of Western Ontario.
* I gave a talk at the 2022 Philosophy of Science Association biennial meeting on my paper on relativistic temperature, "T Falls Apart: On the Status of Classical Temperature in Relativity"!
* I gave a talk at the Imre Lakatos Centenary Conference at the LSE, on my paper "Degeneration and Entropy", a Lakatosian critique of the extension of subjective information-theoretic notions into thermodynamic entropy.
* I gave a talk at the California Quantum Interpretation Network's 2022 meeting, on recent work with Eddy Keming Chen, "Branching and the Born Rule for a Mixed-State Everettian Multiverse". (draft available upon request!)
* I gave an invited talk on my recent work on the thermal time hypothesis at the Foundations of Physics @ Harvard seminar series. (Draft available in link)
* I just concluded a predoctoral fellowship at the University of Illinois Chicago with the Cosmology Beyond Spacetime group - it was a blast!